Before you create a video for your business, you need to address important questions that will help you decide what action to take.
Down below is a checklist for you to help you sort it all out so that you are more informed and prepare, to help you decide should I “call Dave from marketing” to work on my video or email Robert at Sha La La La Production co for a quote (Couldn’t help to put the plug in.) to create a video for your business.
Checklist of questions to address before creating your business video
• Identify why are we creating videos for your business? Thinking of the sales funnel* may help with the answer.
• Is our purpose to bring recognition about our company, our product? (Top of the funnel)
• Are we trying to inform our audience about what we do? (Top of the funnel)
• What service do we demonstrate what we do? (Middle of the Funnel)
• Are we providing a reason why they should pick us over our competitors? (Middle of the Funnel)
• Are we offering reasons for clients stick with us (Botton of the funnel)
• What are the results we desire?
• Increase traffic to the website?
• Sell X number of units?
• Land qualify leads for our business?
• Improve engagement with our social media channel?
To know your goal is to know the type of video you want to create and what your message you want to say.
• Do we have a message that addresses our purpose?
• If not, who will create it?
• Do we have people and resources to make this happen?
• Do we have the budget to make it happen?
• If we don’t which professionals do we contact?
5) Distribution plan:
• How do we get our videos out there to meet our goals?
• Do we know the best way to post it online?
• Which social media channels to select?
Once you have the answer to those questions, then you’ll know how to decide whether it makes sense to create the videos yourself or to hire a video production professional.
If you have problems finding answers to your questions, we encourage you to reach out to us, and we’ll be glad to help you determine the right path for you.
- * (Thanks to CrushCampaigns for the definition. Sales funnel is a marketing system that leads someone through a systematic process with the goal of purchasing your product or service. The idea behind it is to turn a lead into a prospect, then a prospect into a customer, who finally becomes a repeat customer buying over and over again.)